Monday 12 November 2007

Scarf knitting: one of many

It's actually been ages since I made this scarf, nearly a year in fact, but finally I've decided to put all my knitting projects on the blog. I made it for Alberto's mum for Christmas ('06).This scarf I made with a yarn I bought in Australia. At the moment I can't remember what on earth it was, but it's fairly similar to Louisa Harding Kimono Angora Pure, maybe a bit heavier. I will try and find out. Anyway, the pattern was one that Louise had done for her mum and she described it too me over skype while I was home. The pattern was 'Ladder Wrap' from Twist Fibre Craft Studio and is a simple drop stitch pattern and done on large (15mm?) needles.

Cast on 30 stitches (for scarf size, not wrap!)
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Cast on 5 sts, bind off the 5 sts (to create a 'bobble'),
knit to end of row
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: YO X3 for each stitch in the row
Row 5: CO 5sts, BO 5sts, knit into 1st loop of each stitch and
let the other 2 drop
Row 6: CO 5sts, BO 5sts, knit to end of row
Row 7: Knit
Repeat Rows 4-7 until scarf/wrap is as long as you want it.
Cast off.
In progress:

I only have one pic of the finished product, with Alberto's mum wearing it on a trip to Yosemite National Park, California.

No comments: