Monday 14 January 2008

Big Wool Forever 'Green' Tank

I wanted a quick knitting project to do, and this pattern by Sarah Hatton, which she called Forever Green. I obviously didn't use the green Rowan Big Wool, I used the Smoky colour instead (#07). This was a really great quick project to do, since the Big Wool is exactly that: a bulky wool knitted on 9 and 10mm needles. I love not having to do sleeves! This really only took two days to knit, but another two days to finish off the sewing up. I forgot to take a pic before I washed it. I really want to avoid handwashing (like most people I'm sure), so I just shoved it in the washing machine within a pillowcase on the delicates cycle. I think it shrunk a little, and has a slightly felted appearance, but it actually fits a bit better now! I'm really going to have to invest in a proper 'delicates' washing bag. I'm quite happy with it, am wearing it right now in fact. It's nice and cosy in the winter weather, and is great for fitting under winter coats.

4 comments:

Di said...

It looks so fantastic Jane!! I think I may have to try this speedy knit!

Lorraine said...

Jane

Your tanktop looks great. There is one stitch in the cast off on the neck that looks exceptionally good.

Lorraine (knitting group)

Jane said...

Gee, thanks Lorraine! That one good stitch must have been yours :)

Manoute said...

Hi Jane! It is good to hear from you. So, your mum let you in ;0). I can't wait to see a picture of you knitting next to the swimming pool.